Monday, March 31, 2014

Pregnancy Week 11


Your baby is now about 2 inches long! During this past week she has started growing hair follicles, fingernails, and if she's a girl, ovaries.  Now lets just step back a second and think about this...there is a person growing inside you, who is growing FINGERNAILS!!! I think that's pretty freakin' awesome.  Along with that amazingness, she has distinct human characteristics by now, with hands and feet in front of her body with ears nearly in their final shape, open nasal passages on the tip of her nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth, and visible nipples...nipples!  Adding to her human-ness, there are no more webbed hands and feet, yup, your little one now has ten individual fingers and toes!  There has been A LOT of growing this past week...do we see a theme here?

For you this week you've probably noticed an increase in your hunger and eating habit, I mean we need to fuel all that fingernail growth somehow!  Don't worry if your not there yet, that's probably because your morning sickness hasn't faded yet, but it will soon.  But while you may want to eat non-stop, remember that pregnancy is not a sprint it's a marathon.  Try to ease your hunger pains but don't go over board with crazy amounts of food or super unhealthy snacks, remember whatever you eat, your baby eats.  I really like to stock up on greek yogurt with toppings like chobani or yopa, that way when I have a sweet craving I can pick some yogurt with chocolate topping so I get a little bit of sugar, but also get protein and some fruit.  I also recommend apple slices or celery with peanut butter to ease those cravings.  My general rule was, if it was a healthy craving (strawberries) then I would just go to town, if it was a not so healthy craving like chocolate, I would eat just enough to satiate my craving and move on.




No comments:

Post a Comment