Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pregnancy Week 8


Your baby is growing, growing, growing..about a millimeter EACH DAY, and now it's the size of a large raspberry.  While she still has webbed feet and hands, your little one has lost its little tail...slowly but surely loosing its reptilian appearance.  Helping to her appearance her lips, nose, eyelids, legs, and back continue to develop.  Also, her heart is now beating 150 times per minute, about twice as fast as yours!  She is also making spontaneous movements...even though you won't be able to feel it for several more weeks.

At eight weeks you are kind of in a no mans land, not really big enough for maternity clothes, but your regular clothes are beginning to feel snug, and you probably need a new bra.  I went an bought a small maternity bra so I was comfortable and could grow into it.  With my first pregnancy I bought a belly band to help hold my pants on while they were unbuttoned.  However, with this pregnancy, I find that I am too pressed for time in the morning to even find my belly band, so I have resorted to using a hair tie wrapped around the button and through the hole of the pants to hold them up...it works, and my shirt cover it (don't judge).  While my first pregnancy I escaped all instances of queasiness, this time around...not so much. If you eat small meals often it helps combat the queasiness. Also many maternity stores sell mommy candy that have special herbs that help ease the sensation.  I also started taking my prenatal vitamins at night since that is when I was less queazy and less likely to vomit them back up (fun!).

Week 7
Week 9

No comments:

Post a Comment